Tuesday, 22 October 2013

Poops!

On a wholly different subject than that of construction work, let's talk about pee and poo. With about two months to go before baby Samson arrives, I'm getting into nesting-mode and preparing the last bits. (I'm the kind of person who starts packing boxes months before the actual moving date.) With great friends and family who have given me all I will need in terms of baby clothes and gear (second hand, of course), there are only two things I can think of that I still want: one being a nice organic baby wrap carrier, and the other being a set of all-in-one cloth diapers. After much research there were two (seemingly very similar) brands that caught my attention: American bumgenius and Swedish Poops! I decided to go for the Poops! diapers in organic bamboo/cotton as it's a local, tiny company that I feel good about supporting. Poops! is run by a woman named Jane who, not minutes after I placed my order, wrote me an email offering to meet me literally one minute's walk from where I live to deliver the package, rather than send it via mail. I'm sure that's because she would be in the neighborhood anyway, but still, that's good service! In my order I had also mentioned that I'd love to see some other colors introduced, and she told me that two of them - orange and purple - are on their way. What's more, they do great package deals with multiple diapers, extra inlays, a diaper bag, and a changing mat. I went for that option, containing 18 diapers. For the time being, the website is only in Swedish and I'm guessing they only deliver within Sweden, but I might be wrong. If you live elsewhere, I'd look into bumgenius. I love their colors and patterns, and they will soon release a great new collection of fabulous designs:


It might seem like it, but I'm not getting paid in any way to write about these brands. I still haven't tried them so I'm only basing this on what other people have said about their products. Depending on Samson's size when he's born, I may or may not be able to use the cloth diapers straight away. But of course once I have, I'll let you know what I think!

You can read more about bumgenius here and Poops! here.

No comments:

Post a Comment